Thursday, July 28, 2011

A City Without An Adventure

The maps and NPCs for the city of Eadoria are almost done. (Pictures soon) I'm pretty satisfied with the results. However, I don't really have an adventure in the city planned. The players have stated they'd like to just mess around in the city for a while, as it's completely new to them. Is this a bad idea? Without planned encounters, will the session lack excitement and fun? Will the players hate me? Will I never GM again out of shame? If so, what is a good adventure or adventure idea to take place in a large city?

3 comments:

  1. Since I heard of the West Marches campaign for the first time, I really dig the idea of having a strong distinction between city (safe time) and wilderness (adventure time.) It always worked pretty well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good way to distinguish between the areas, Il Male. Maybe I'll just chill and do that.

    ReplyDelete